Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Don't Hold On- Love Challenge Week 4





My last week of the Love challenge has taught me one important lesson. Don't hold ON. Love is meant to be given. It not meant to just be harbored for some special time. I think the most significant thing I learned in these 28 days was that whether the gesture was small, big, with money, with service, or with words, LOVE was received. When we let the love within us touch others, we open our capacity to receive up in ways that we could not expect. During these 28 days, there weren't any fireworks or walk on water miracles, but there did not need to be. Love is a miracle in itself. It's power, often unseen and quiet, works an internal miracle every time you decide to release it.

Love wears down the hardest heart. Love enlarges the heart that's full of love. Love warms the heart that is cold. Even the Roman soldiers who mocked love while it was poured out, had to acknowledge that love had changed the atmosphere and truly Jesus was The Son of God.

I know for me, I am going to be more intentional about love and look out for ways to show it. I pray you will take a month to be intentional about love in action. it will change you in ways you did not think possible. The worldwide movement starts first in the heart of an individual. Will it be you?

Love like your life depends on it. The reality is, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment